Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solution
    • Feb 2003

Divx 5.03 vs 3ivx~

I have installed divx5.03 and 3ivx codec in my pc. Is it 3ivx can playback all the divx version files (include divx5.03) and so that I can remove the divx5.03 codec from my pc??

And i have a question, is 3ivx just a "gather pack of mpeg-4 codec" or a totally independent/stand-alone codec for encode video?? since I see it can decode divx 3-5 and xvid.....
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

3IVX is a true codec. Among other things, it is a cross-platform codec that can be used on both PCs and Macs. As a "side benefit", it also has the ability to playback .AVI videos compressed with several different .DivX codecs...

Comment

• solution
      • Feb 2003

so, do the graphic quality (clearless, pixel blocks....) of 3ivx better than divx 5.02/5.03 at the same bitrate??
      and the filesize, at the same bitrate, which will be smaller?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'd suggest you make your own comparisons...

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

You will have to conduct your own test, to attain any satisfactory answer to your question solution.

BTW, you should be aware that Divx 5.03 is "buggy", a better option would be divx 5.02 pro. My personal favorites are 2-pass XVID and SBC, but then again it is just a personal preferance. The doom9.org site has some guides on encoding, also see UncasMS's guides and Iago's 2-pass encoding document on the doom9 forum (search for it).

Comment

Working...