X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshakuf
    • Feb 2003

green screen while playback

hi

when i see a XVid movie i get a green screen, and when the picture runs i still see alot of color that should not be.
    its like the picture is like what it supposed to be but it hase dirt on it..

what can i do? i installed nimo and then tried Tsunami
    and still doesnt work
  • holmes
    • Feb 2003

green screen

There is a conflict with an AUDIO codec. Nimo probably added an ac3 codec called Morgan. This conflicts with Xvid. Remove it and use the Dolby ac3 codec. The green should disappear. I had the same problem with The Ring in Xvid.

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

Download FFDshow.
      Its a MPEG4 playback filter. Tick Xvid during install.
      Should solve problem and more playback options too

Edge
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• kohpee
        • Feb 2003

video fixed, now no audio

i've had the annoying green/dirty picture with xvids, and using FFDshow fixed the video problem, but now theres no audio codec being used, what should i do?

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

Open the file in Gspot and see what it reports for audio. You'll soon find what audio codec is needed.

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• sshakuf
            • Feb 2003

The FFDshow soved it

10X

Comment

• GreenScreen
              • Apr 2003

Easy fix for Xvid Green Screen w/Blocks or Playing Well w/ no audio

Many people seem to be having this same problem as I once did:

Green screen in Windows Media Player with scattered weird blocks.

Often if you fix this problem you get no audio. Here is an easy way to have both high quality Xvid video and audio (wow! what a concept)

If you have Nimo codec pack installed, uninstall it completely, as well as any other divx/xvid codecs listed in Add/Remove programs. I am not saying Nimo is crap, but it screwed up my computer. I am sure there are very good codecs included in the pack, but it seems unstable.

Download and install the 3ivx codec from http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html . I have found that their website is down sometimes, so if you get an error, just try them again a little while later.

Now you should have video.

If you still don't have audio go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ac3filter/ , click on Download and download the exe version of the latest build (should be the top one). When you install this AC3 audio decoder, your audio should work.

Some files, however use Ogg Vorbis encoding for the audio, in that case install the Ogg decoder from http://www.divx-ac3.com/ .

At least all of this fixed it on my WinXP machine.

Also, if this message helps you fix the problem, please cut and paste this fix to every message board you know of where people are having this problem. Maybe we can put an end to it once and for all.

-----
              Robby

Comment

• maximuscrates
                • Oct 2005

need help on green checkerboard squares.

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. When trying to view movie files such as avi, I get those green checkerboard rectanglish pattern over the video. I discovered that quicktime is not affected by this and neither are games or performance. Can anyone help me with this issue?
                I am running a brand new Radeon 9800XT with omega drivers cat5.9(already tried orgin and cat 10 drivers). I also have tried klite codec pack and now im ussing fddshow and 3ivx.
                And I am on a brand new Asus motherboard. When I use the onboard graphics the green dots dissappear so it has something to do with my ATI card but I think its a configuration problem not the hardware itsself. Or at least I hope.

Help is much much needed. Thanks!
                <!-- / message -->

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

talk about a thread resurrection!

well, first let me tell you that it is very common among those with codec packs installed on their system to have problems. what type of files are these avi's? xvid encoded perhaps? i would get rid of that k-lite codec pack. if you insist on one, then i'd go with ace mega. please post the file info in a freeware program called virtualdubmod so as to see exactly what we are dealing with.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• maximuscrates
                    • Oct 2005

green squares on video playback

okay, i got ace mega codec pack. I believe that it made the green dots smaller. i put the files into virtualdubmod but it seems to just be a program to dub the video. However, it displayed no green squares. I used a program to capture a frame from the video to show you the green dots but when i opened the file, the green squares are not on it. Its not the video its self thats the problem. Ive tried xvid and divx and avi's. I took the frame that didn't show the green dots/squares and drew them in using paint so you know what it looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bugbunny.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	905300

running Radeon 9800XT

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok first i need to know what type of file this is. the reason i wanted you to get vdubmod was to simply open the file, THEN look under "file" and click "file information"

post everything you see in audio and video please
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• maximuscrates
                        • Oct 2005

AVI Information

Video Stream

Frame size 512x384, 25000fps (40000us)
                        Length 149327 frames (1:39:33.08)

FourCC code FourCC code:[xvid] xvid mpeg -4

Decompressor xvid mpeg-4 codec
                        Number of key frames 1275
                        Min/Ave/Max total key frame size 2161/12430/26987 (15478k)
                        Min/Avg/max/total delta fram size 6/4458/23189 (644683k)
                        data rate 905 kbps (0.53% overhead)

Audio steam

sampling rate 48000Hz
                        channels 1(mono)
                        sample precision n/a
                        audio tag 0x0055 ACM Decodable MPEG-1 layer 3(MP3)
                        compression fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer -3 Codec
                        layout 824 chunks (560|0.01s preload)
                        length 49109904 samples (1:3932.98)
                        min/ave/max/total frame size 96/181/240(146K)
                        data rate 66kbps (11.69% overhead)

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

methinks you should uninstall all codec packs, download & install the latest 'ffdshow' from http://www.free-codecs.com
                          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

take anonymez' advice, delete the pack, before you install fddshow.

may the "fourCC" be with you!
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• maximuscrates
                              • Oct 2005

okay I uninstalled all codecs and installed only FDDshow. It changed the size of the green blocks. now they are elongated and more rectangular. Larger now as well. What an odd problem.

Comment

Working...