Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhbaker1
    • Mar 2003

Get pictures from avi's and dvd's

I need to know of a program to take stills from avi' and dvd's. Do anyone out there know where i can download such a program.PLEASE EMAIL ME!!
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

you could try the alt+print screen or print screen if you have the window maximized. then open up paint or any other photo program that saves jpg's and do a paste or ctrl+v. Then save as a .jpg
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

For DVDs, you can use WinDVD. Simply press the "p" key.

For .AVI's, simply load the file into VirtualDub, move the slider to the frame you wish to grab and select "Copy to clipboard". Run any "paint" or graphics program and select paste. (I believe that BSPlayer also has the capacity for screen grabs).

(By the way, chickeneater's suggestion won't work with either format, since they both utilize video overlays. You'll capture nothing more than a black box...)

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by setarip
        (By the way, chickeneater's suggestion won't work with either format, since they both utilize video overlays. You'll capture nothing more than a black box...)
        do you recently have something against my suggestions setarip? It seems to me that you do, ever since you deleted you posts that was in my thread... And so I had to close the thread to make me NOT the only one talking to myself!
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...