Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twitBOMBER
    • Mar 2003

Sound works, but it's really quiet...

Any suggestoins other than turning up the speakers?

I have the volume levels on everything (cd volume, master volume, etc) and it's still quiet.

What can I do?

Ive installed the AC3 audio pack and the XviD video pack and it works, just kinda goofy i have to crank up the sound to make Die another day worth watching.
  • twitBOMBER
    • Mar 2003

Bumpage, come on people help me out.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

What player are you using for Playback?

Make sure your system volume, and player volume are at the max. Check the audio decoder properties you may be able to adjust some settings.

Comment

• twitBOMBER
        • Mar 2003

I'm using WMP9 and it works fine for playing it, it's just queit. I've also cranked the volume on the wav/mp3 sound in the settings of my sounds.

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

On your first post you mention AC3 and on the previous you mention mp3. Which one is it?

AC3 is usually very low anyway. I personally use this AC3 decoder and it has the option to increase the gain (eg make it louder)
          Give it a try.

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• twitBOMBER
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Edge
            On your first post you mention AC3 and on the previous you mention mp3. Which one is it?

AC3 is usually very low anyway. I personally use this AC3 decoder and it has the option to increase the gain (eg make it louder)
            Give it a try.

Edge
            NO, on the volume levels I turned up hte wave/mp3 balance. Do it yourself and see what I mean. It turns up the sound effects but leaves the master alone....

I was wondering where i could find a seperate volume control for AC3, so thanks man.

Comment

• The Edge
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Jan 2003

While playing the clip in windows media player (mplayer2) , goto file/properties/Advanced....double click the AC3 filter and you have loads of options.

Edge
              "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• twitBOMBER
                • Mar 2003

Thanks dude, I actually downloaded that BSplayer and found it to be easier to work with. It has some nice features too.

Comment

• The Edge
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jan 2003

BSplayer is not a bad player. I personally use Zoom Player.

Edge

Comment

• twitBOMBER
                    • Mar 2003

Oh ya, I forgot to install Zoomplayer again. I just did and i like the new skin look.

Good thing it works with AC3, I'm going to uninstall BSplayer now since it's no use to me.

Thanks again EDGE.

Comment

• Batman
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2002

I'm actually a fan of BSPLAYER, but my reason is because of its ease of use, advanced features, and most of all minimal cpu usage. It's loaded but not bloated.

Comment

Working...