Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalman32060
    • Mar 2003

playback help

I am attempting to watch a movie that has been written in DIVX 3 Low Motion. Running GSpot, it tells me that I have the correct codec for video and audio installed. Under the direct show render it tells me that no combination of filters could be found. I am sorry but I am new to this and I was under the assumption that with the correct codecs I could watch on Windows Media Player. Was I wrong and how can I fix this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Download and install the DivX 3.11a codec . . .

Comment

• metalman32060
      • Mar 2003

I have already loaded the Divx 3.11 codec, but I also have the latest divx codec installed 5.03. Should I have loaded them in a certain order mabye? The 5.03 was already loaded when I put 3.11 on.

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

Try FFDShow.

FFDShow is DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DIVX and XVID movies using libavcodec or xvid with rich set of video postprocessing filters. ffdshow can also be used as a separate postprocessing filter for other decoders.

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• metalman32060
          • Mar 2003

FFdShow didn't work either, still getting "Cannot playback the file. The format is not supported" I can play it in the divx player but it isnt the best player, and sometimes shuts down in the middle of a movie.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

try to play it in Windows Media Player 6.4 (go to run and type in mplayer2.exe) or try BS Player if you already haven't tried that

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

you can configure FFDSHOW to be the decoder of div3, 4, 5, xvid, and much more.
              start-->ffdshow-->config nt.
              OR
              start-->tsunami filter pack-->ffdshow config nt

go to the top of the left box to where it says "codecs"
              and select div3. I'm not really sure that this will work, but give it a try.
              FFDShow filters
              Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• metalman32060
                • Mar 2003

Well I've tried configuring fdshow and I've also tried WMP 6.4, with no change. I just wanted to thank all of those who have replied and tried to help me with this issue. If anyone has any more suggestions I am willing to listen.

Thanks Again.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2003

"Thanks Again"

No problem hope you can fix it

Comment

• digitaldick
                    • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hi metalman32060- sometimes the answer to this "no combination of filters could be found" dilemma can be found by asking your source what was used to play the movie successfully on their computer. I'm assuming that you get this same error message from WMP when you attempt to load the movie. There are also numerous options to pursue for fixing this error that Microsoft provides when you click on that "details" option from the error message. These might be worth a look too.
                    Assuming, though, that you cannot ask your source for help I'm curious to learn if you tried using VirtualDub? If not, and since you have tried so many things already, why not give it a go? I think it might be best to uninstall all that other stuff first to get your computer back to base line first, then see what happens when you try and play the movie in VirtualDub. If you are not familiar with this program, post back and I'll be happy to share some "how to use it" details that have worked for me. Sometimes the findings of VDub differ from the findings of GSpot. I don't know why. Best of luck.

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Re: metalman32060

Knowing the file information of the particular file you are having trouble with will greatly shed some lights on what we actually need to do:

1. Load up the AVI file into GSpot and post a screenshot of the information displayed here.

Alternatively:
                      1. Open the file in Virtualdub
                      2. Go to File -> File Information
                      3. Post what information you see here

Comment

• metalman32060
                        • Mar 2003

First off, Thanks for you're time and help. O.K. I have tried unistalling my video codecs and reloading them, with the same msg. from WMP. In the details I get the old standby that no additional info is available. I can see the movie when I load it into VD, but it seems like it is in a split screen. I am not very well versed in VD, but I did sent a screenshot of the info.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• metalman32060
                          • Mar 2003

I was just double checking to be sure video and audio codecs are loaded and according to device mgr. they are. Here is the gspot info if it will help.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• chickeneater
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Apr 2002

try the tsunami codec pack and get the directshow filters.
                            FFDShow filters
                            Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

You have what appears to be a cutely conceived header for a fake file. In your VirtualDub "File Information" image, under "Video", the 10 digit figure representing maximum delta size is ludicrous.

This is oft' times the "price you pay" for downloading illegally available commercial videos...

Comment

Working...