Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daydreams223
    • Mar 2003

Problems playing Divx 3 Low Motion

Hi! I am having difficulting playing a DivX 3-Low Motion video. I know this because I run G-Spot 1.1. It tells me that I need "AC3" encoding. It says that the Divx codec is installed.
    When I run it under Windows media player 9 it says that "Windows Media player has encountered an unknown error". I can play it with the Divx player 2.0 alpha that came with the Divx 5.02 bundle but there is no sound. I have an XVid movie that requires the AC3 codec and it works fine.
    I have the Divx 5.02 bundle, the DivX MPEG4 Hi-Res Video Codec 3.11alpha release, XviD-04102002-1 _ALPHA_ Release and the AC 3 audio filters.
    I am still learning so be careful what technical words you use. hehe

Please help!

• Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try running the movies with WMP 6.4 (Run 'mplayer2.exe" in the Run command) or BSPlayer.

Comment

• daydreams223
      • Mar 2003

Thanks for the fast reply =)

I tried MP 6.4 and it said that "Class factory cannot supply requested class"
      I downloaded BS Player Version 0.86 build 493, 4 It said "unknown file format (Div3)"

there has to be a way....

Comment

• alcskid
        Movie Lovers
        • Jan 2003

If you are using a DivX codec 4 or later for playing DivX 3 contents and you do not have the DivX 3.11 Alpha codec installed this is a tool that you might need. Some movies are created with WMA sound format which is unrecognizable by the mp3 codecs of DivX versions higher than 3. In such cases your player starts searching the net for the appropriate codec and never finds it because there is no such available for download. The only available appropriate DivX audio codec comes with the DivX 3.11 alpha codec installation pack (other repacks also) - DivXa32.acm. So now you've got an unique DivX 3.11 Alpha repack that will install only the missing audio decompressor, will add an item in your audio compression manager (for win 9x - control panel / multimedia / devices / audio compression codecs) and also an option for uninstallation from control panel (add/remove programs). This is an advantage over installing the whole of the DivX 3.11 pack because it installs its older video codecs which you do not need and it overwrites the registry and uninstall information which makes it impossible to uninstall DivX 3.11 Alpha and the other later DivX codec version you might have separately. This may cause some undesired behaviour of your codecs and players. All you need to do for hearing the WMA sound of your movie is to install this pack.
        I hope you will enjoy it!

I split it into two parts :
        Attached Files
        ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• alcskid
          Movie Lovers
          • Jan 2003

Second part :

Rename this into divx.zip.z01
          Attached Files
          ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• daydreams223
            • Mar 2003

Well I tried that..but the second file is currupt.
            If you are talking about sound, I don't think that it is WMA. According to the G-Spot program that I use, it is saying AC3.

*Sigh*

Comment

• daydreams223
              • Mar 2003

VLC

I found a player that will play it...but I want to play it through windows Media player....what am I missing that I need?

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Try reinstalling a different AC3 filter . . .

Comment

• daydreams223
                  • Mar 2003

I tried but, no luck. Please help.

Comment

Working...