X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeSik
    • Mar 2003

ac3 sound

Hello everybody.

I'm writing becouse i've lost hope to hear properly played .avi file with ac3 sound on my pc. I've read loads od faq's and articles but i still can't get it to sound like as it is supposed to (like on dvd + DD hardware decoder).
    Is that even possible to get ac3 from pc to sound exactly the same as on hardware home theater? Please help me about it if you have same (or almost, or you just know how to do it) pc hardware and software like me. Ah and don't write that i should buy external DD/DTS decoder or something becouse i don't have money for that .
    I've got : ABIT VH6T motherboard, Celeron 800@1100Mhz processor, SB Audigy (with installed Audigy2 drivers - better sound and stuff, even ac3 plays a bit better) and Cambridge DeskTop Theater 5.1 DTT2200 (without DD/DTS decoder) speakers.
    I use : Windows XP Professional, Media Player 6.4
    I am using ac3filter 0.63b now becouse it sounds best of those i've tried. It plays on all speakers etc. but it's not properly played DD.

Any help with what shoud i install/setup is welcome
  • stavush
    • Mar 2003

you can hear ac3 sound through your 5.1 speakers without a decoder. And that means that you must transmit an analog signal to them, not digital ( that a receiver takes and decodes ).

If you use ac3filter you can define an 5.1 output, but u must connect the speakers to your sound card in a 5.1 configuration ( usually 3 jacks, one for front speakers, one for rear, and one for center ) .

Comment

Working...