Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max_Schreck
    • Feb 2003

Please solve this mistery

Yesterday I finished encoding this movie, after doing the 2nd pass with DivX 5.02 pro I checked the video file and it played allright. So I multiplexed audio (MP3) and video w/ VDub to create the final AVI. After playing for 10 seconds the video stops for 5 to 6 seconds while the audio plays on, then the video catches up and the movie plays normally. This happens w/ WMPlayer 6.4 and 8 and BSplay. I checked the file w/DIVXRepair and it found nothing wrong with it. So I saved the same movie w/Ogg Vorbis sound as an OGM. It did the same thing. What's more frustrating is that if I open the file w/VDub the movie plays normally! It's too bad I can't watch it w/VDub. I have installed the ffdshow decompressor but it makes no difference. There are no other applications running during playback. Can someone help me with this rather small yet annoying problem? Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • silmarillion
    • Mar 2003

What are your system specs? DivX 5 playback is slower in general, but that in itsef shouldn't account for 6-8 second freeze. I've got a 1.2 Ghz Athlon w 32mb video card and I will get a 1-2 second pause for some DivX 5 playback.

Comment

Working...