Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lodes
    • Mar 2003

Audio and Video not in synch

When I try to search or fast forward through the divx I made the sound goes back to the beginning, but the video goes forward. Any ideas?

Mike Lodes
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

What player are you using?

Comment

• lodes
      • Mar 2003

divx 2.0 alpha. It works fine with divx I downloaded. It must be something with the ones that I ripped and encoded myself. I used dvd decrypter to rip and FlaskMpeg to encode if that helps.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Open the file up in VirtualDub
        Go to Audio and Save as Wav (file will be big but not for long)
        Convert WAV to MP3 (just type in WAV to MP3 in google)
        Then go back to virtualdub go to audio click on CBR audio select the MP3 file
        Then set video to direct stream copy
        Then Save as AVI

Comment

• moffenator
          • Mar 2003

But why???

Thanks SKD_Tech for an answer to this issue.

It is a new issue to me and I don't know what caused it.
          I have been ripping DVD's to DivX for a year or two now and this issue has only just appeared in the last 2 rips I have done.

Do you know what causes Flask to do this "out-of-sync" fast forward issue?

I have changed too much to track down the exact cause, as I have recently installed WinXP SP1, all the security patches and even the Nimo Codec pack and an old MP3 codec (in an attempt to get MPS to appear in Flask options....)

If you can suggest why this is happening, such as a faulty codec or bad file somewhere?

Because I really don't want to have to re-encode all my audio then join it back to the video, for each movie I rip.

Thanks
          Moff

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

Try uninstalling the Nimo codec pack and download the Tsuanmi 3.9.9 codec pack

Comment

• moffenator
              • Mar 2003

SOLUTION FOUND

OK,

I found the answer.

The tsunami codec pack did not fix the issue

Having a more indepth look at both the files and the issue at hand I focused my attention on the MP3 codec.

The encoder for MP3 is a file called l3codecp.acm and it is located in your system32 folder.

When I looked at the version that I use to unlock Windows Media Player to rip Audio CD's to MP3 instead of Wmv I found that the MP3 codec that either Nimo or Tsunami installed was a file version from 1999 where as the file I normally use has a 2001 date.

Installed the newer file over the top and all ripping has now come good.

If anyone would like a copy of the exact MP3 codec I used to solve this issue, or the regestry crack to unlock the MP3 ripping capabilities of Win Media Player, drop me an e-mail and I will send it through.

Moff

Comment

Working...