Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddy
    • Mar 2003

converting my xvids to vcd???

the only way my family can enjoy a good movie is on the telly on vcd if downloaded! but all the xvid files are as large as vcd files and when i use virtual dub and tempege to convert they end up filling 4 or five disks ....am i missing something ?? any advice appreciated as ive found nothing on xvid to vcd conversion anywhere
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Lowering the video bitrate in TMPGenc will reduce the file size, but also slightly reduce the quality.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• schadenfreude
      • Jan 2002

Out of interest what sort of increase are you seeing?

I used a program called T-Rex, made by Pinnacle, to convert a 696Mb XviD to VCD format and the resulting file was 941Mb.

That's a ratio of 1:1.35, is that about the same as you are getting?

The quality wasn't as good either, but it is still perfectly watchable on my TV.

s

Comment

• paddy
        • Mar 2003

when i try my conversions of xvids they basically triple in size generally the xvid download is just under 800mb so once i use virtual dub and tmpeg it ends up about 2.5 gb !!even if i could find out how to convert it down to normal divx then re-extract it to vcd that might work but as of yet i havent found anything that seems suitable

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

You audio on the file is VBR " Variable Bit Rate" VCD is only CBR "constant bit rate" try to encode a SVCD that will accept VBR

Comment

Working...