Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • necroduck
    • Jan 2002

Laptop for portable divx player

I have a laptop i am using for divx playback and am having an issue that when I load up a Movie the sound plays perfectly but there is no video

wondering what could be the cause.

I download the newwest codec from divx.com
    and I load it with The Playa
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

Re: Laptop for portable divx player

Originally posted by necroduck
    I download the newwest codec from divx.com
    and I load it with The Playa
    For me this says it all

If you have read some of my replies you know by now that i'm no big fan of either 4.12 or the playa ...............too many peoples are having problems with this

They kind of put you on the wrong foot by suggesting that 4.12 can play the all the moviez with the aplha 3.11 codec
    NOT

First of all the Playa doesn't work properly if your system isn't at least a pentium3

Secondly why let 4.12 play the alpha 3.11 moviez. Did this codec gave you any problems?.............Thought so and i'll bet you answered YES to the question if you want 4.12 to play your 3.11-moviez. ( or you don't even have 3.11 installed on your laptop ?)

Thirdly by installing the 4.12 you still can't play moviez with the ac3 sound (i think, i didn't look at the update from 4.11 to 4.12)

Fourthly you can't play moviez released by the SMR-group

So you see .............. to some-one just starting with DivX-moviez who knows you need a codec and nothing more, the 4.12 codec gives you a false sense of "having it all"

The reply has become rather long and i hope i still have your attention, because here's what to do

UNINSTALL 4.12
    install a codec-pack (there are many; kristal, nimo, delorian etc)
    install 4.12 only when the movie is made with the 4.02 codec or higher (and answer NO)
    install the smr-patch when you come across a SMR-release

Get a descent player
    WMPlayer 6.4 works allright or if you want a less processorconsuming player with which you will also be able to load subs..........get BS-Player

If all still gives you no video then come back and we will look futher.

Comment

• necroduck
      • Jan 2002

i'll have to check those things out

thnaks ill try thoe and get back to ya

Comment

Working...