X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilmer
    • Apr 2003

Playback problems

Hi!

I have been on a problem all day but I can't fix it so new I'm looking for help. I have som filmes that I have have seen, and som films left for wasting time on but now I cant get any of the to work.

I have just done a reinstallation of XP.

I looked into it and found that all movies not working is xvids and so ... it started. I have installed Nimo, ace, tsunami and Xvid-installer, but all with the same result. The Player BSPlayers says "unknown file format (XVID)" and GSpot says that it should work but i does not. ".. The full error messages as follows: Unknown error".

Is there anyone how has any ideas to what it could be?? The diffence I know of is that i have newer drivers for my graphic card (geforce 3), directx 9.0a (dont know what I hade before) and not the same codec package (think I used an older version of ace.

Thanks in advance!

/Marcus
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Search the forum.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If not already done, uninstall the three "packs" you've named. Try downloading and installing the latest 3IVX codec.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Wilmer
        • Apr 2003

Solution found... and probebly the problem to!

I forgot to write that I hade tried installing the latest 3IVX codec also but with the same result, so no that didn't help but...
        I just reinstalled XP agin... (from ghost luckely. I can recommend ghosting a fresh installation ) and then I installed drivers for geforce3 and 3ivx and woila...it worked....Without sound for some movies but that is for later...

Just for fun i installed the directX 9.0a and now I got the exact same errormessage as earlier... xvid not recognized...

I an NOT saying that must be the problem (could have installed directx, graphicdrivers and 3ivx in a number of orders) but I recommend all how is planing on installing divx 9.0a that you try playing a xvid movie directly after to see if it works!

Hope this helps someone else

Comment

Working...