Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moneyman123
    • May 2003

cannot open certain movies

hey, i've downloaded a couple movie but i am having a problem open them....if i use players like WMP9, WMP6.4, ATI Video Player they all shutdown with a windows error saying the program will be shut down. When i use this DVD player i have they work sometimes but usually shut down about half way through. if anyone has some suggestions please write back....also, i have try using multiple codecs and they all have the same problem.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i've downloaded a couple movie but i am having a problem open them."

1) All questions regarding downloaded videos should be posted to the "P2P" sub-forum here

2) You've either got fake or corrupt files...

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: cannot open certain movies

Originally posted by moneyman123
      hey, i've downloaded a couple movie but i am having a problem open them....if i use players like WMP9, WMP6.4, ATI Video Player they all shutdown with a windows error saying the program will be shut down. When i use this DVD player i have they work sometimes but usually shut down about half way through. if anyone has some suggestions please write back....also, i have try using multiple codecs and they all have the same problem.
      1. Load up the AVI file into GSpot and post a screenshot of the information displayed here.

Alternatively:
      1. Open the file in Virtualdub
      2. Go to File -> File Information
      3. Post what information you see here

Comment

• moneyman123
        • May 2003

corrurt maybe, fake not likly since i am able to open them in the DVD player for at least a bit of the movie.

also i have attached the screenshot from VirtualDub of the File Info page.......
        Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You need an AC3 filter to decode the audio.

For the video, either you DO need the 3ivx codec (which you apparently have installed already) to decode the video or you may have configured the said codec to play every single FourCC code that it supports (being DivX and XviD). Try disabling it (from within its configuration) and use FFDShow to decode the video instead.

If you can, open the video file in GSpot (or preferably, a FourCC changer) and find out what its FourCC code is.

Comment

• moneyman123
            • May 2003

well looks like tha AC3 filter did the job....thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...