Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saethoven
    • May 2003

Error "FOURCC: DIV3"

When I run Gspot, it reports no errors and says I already have the codec I need. But when I try to run DivX I get this error.

The video file you are opening includes video data that is not recognized by the DivX Player.

The file contains the following type of data:

Video data: FOURCC code "DIV3"

You may need to install a new video codec on your computer to watch this video.
    I know the file isn't corrupt or fake because I can run it in Media Player, but I can't watch it in Media Player because my computer is to slow for it and it lags.

When I click on Status, it says this

This section simulates 'playing' the file the same using the same system as Windows Media Player uses and probably most other media players as well). The results of the attempt are shown here.

Direct Show reported no errors. It was able to "render" the file using AVI splitter as a "splitter" (generally to isolate the audio and the video from the combined stream), DivXAntiFreeze -> DivX Decoder Filter -> AVI Decompressor as the video codec and MPEG Layer-3 Decoder -> Morgan Stream Switches as the audio codec.
    So...? Anyone have any ideas on whats wrong?

I also can't run NDUB or whatever because it says I'm missing a required dll file.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

Try to play it in WMP 6.4 (Start-Run-mplayer2)

Comment

• Saethoven
      • May 2003

I've run it in every version of WMP. The show lags in every one. It doesn't happen with old anime like Ranma 1/2, because of the low quality. But with new anime like Naruto, it lags to much to even try watching.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I can't watch it in Media Player because my computer is to slow for it and it lags."

1) Turn off all unnecessary programs that may be running in the background

2) Reduce your DESKTOP resolution (to, perhaps, 800x600, or even 640x480)

3) Reduce your DESKTOP's color depth

Comment

• Saethoven
          • May 2003

I've thought of all that, I even have the graphics down to the lowest setting. I have my computer optimized pretty much, its' just that its.

Pentium 1 1/2
          RAM 64.8

The only player I can play it in at full speed is DivX with the graphics set down to there lowest. Unless there's some adjustments I can make in the actual Media player to maybe lessen the lag so its watchable. Also my computer starts out with 99% resources because I have Mike Lin's start up thingy, and everything is turned off so nothing starts with my computer except for necessary programs.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

That being the case, if it's only one specific video that's giving you this problem, forget about it and get on to bigger and better things - like creating your own ;>}

Comment

• Saethoven
              • May 2003

Its any new anime. Anything with DVD quality, I can only run shows like Ranma, Love Hina, and Trigun because of there low quality.

Comment

• Saethoven
                • May 2003

OMG OMG OMG! Qyd, I just realized what you were saying. I ran it on every dl'able version on microsoft.com, but I just tried what you said. Thank you so muuuuch!

yay, I can now watch anime again.

Comment

Working...