99% of my movies do not sync (audio-video)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj_damix
    • May 2003

99% of my movies do not sync (audio-video)

Nice forum!
    Ok, my problem is the eternal sync problem. I searched the forum, but i didn't managed to solve it, so i'm writing it in my way
    I have the following configuration:
    CPU: AMD k6-2 350 Mhz
    Ram: 96Mb
    Video: 8 MB Intel 740
    Hdd: 40 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Problem: when i try to watch a movie in DivX or XviD format, the sound is far ahead the video (it starts sync, but it de-syncs during playback). I tried all posible combinations of player-decoder, but the problem persists. What troubles me even more is that on some movies, coded with the same DivX or Xvid, there is no sync problem (but very rare, like 1 in 20 movies). What can i do to sync the audio with the video?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

When you create your DivX-compressed and/or Xvid-compressed videos, what audio format are you using?

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Your system is underpowered for proper playback of divx/xvid content. At minimum, you will require at least a 500 mhz PC with a 16 mb graphics card and 128 mb of ram.

That said, you may find these tips helpful in reducing your problems:

1) Turn off all background applications when playing divx/xvid files
      2) Use BSPLAYER for playback
      3) reduce desktop area and/or colour.

Comment

• alcskid
        Movie Lovers
        • Jan 2003

That's right. Your PC was not sufficient to watch DivX movie especially when the sound was encoded too (MP3 or AC3).

I had AMD K6-2 500 Mhz, with 256MB RAM, and Riva TNT2 32MB, and it run very smoothly and never outsync ! Before it I using SIS VGA with 8MB and it make very much problem playing DivX !
        ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• dj_damix
          • May 2003

first, to setarip: i don't create, i just watch (or try to) 'em
          and two: if my sistem is so low (and it is), how come that there are still some movies that i see perfectly (even with the sound encoded) (but that's RARE). and i also tried that thing with closing everything in background, but still no result... i guess i have to upgrade my pc

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

it starts sync, but it de-syncs during playback
            This is a clear symptom of the CPU not coping well with the decoding task thrown at it.

Short of upgrading to a faster CPU, do as Batman suggested and in addition, disable all post-processing filters. It may help.

if my sistem is so low (and it is), how come that there are still some movies that i see perfectly (even with the sound encoded) (but that's RARE).
            The decoding demands of these particular files are simply lower than the others. Older codecs, like DivX 3.11, require lower CPU power than either DivX 5 or XviD. MPEG-1/2 files require even far less.

Comment

• Video0
              • May 2003

Hi i also got the same problem but i don't think its the computer's fault.

my case is like this: I play the divx file with windows media player and i see sound is faster than the graphic and same goes for real one player, but when i used vidomi player it worked just fine. And if i go to my bro's computer with the same file and play it it works just fine.

anyways i used gspot and this is my first time using it but only thing its bothering me about is : in "audio format" codec and in stats it said codec misconfigured and when i click on more info i get moonlight odio dekoda , cyberlink audio decoder , ac3 from avi xform , and cyberlink audio decoder i think these audio codec's are from that all codec pack named nemco.

is my sound messed because i got too many audio codec playing at once???

how can i fix this problem ? -_-

Comment

Working...