Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shagmasterwang
    • Jan 2002

audio problem...

Well, I'm fairly new to the whole divx thing so I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I'm having an audio problem with a certain divx file.

All the rest of my divx movies play fine, but it just seems to be this particular movie. The video is fine...there just isn't any audio coming out. I tried playing the movie on different players like Windows Media Player (version 7. something) and Global Divx player and both of them give me the same problem. Oh yeah I'm currently running the 4.11 codec, and I had the 3.11 codec installed beforehand too. I'm sure the audio works for this movie because the friend who gave it to me says it plays perfectly fine for him. When I right-clicked on the divx file and went to the details section, under audio format it said "unknown format".

Any suggestions for this newbie?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

there's a good possibility it's been encoded with .AC3 audio. If so, you'll need to either A) install a software DVD player such as WinDVD and DVD Genie - and use DVD Genie to "register" Win DVD's MPEG2 audio (and video) filter with Windows or B) Download the filters (iviaudio.ax and ivivideo.ax).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

As highly as i think of all the knowledge setarip has, in my opinion his solution is one for the more advanced ones

I'm just a simple "newbie" helper and can help only to a certain level ....................the beginners level

And this is a problem for the beginners-level

Setarip is right about it being ac3 sound, but the solution is just to install the ac3 codec (which btw includes the iviaudio.ax filter )

If you can't find it, give me a mail and i will send it to you (only 171Kb zip)

If this doesn't work for you then you have another problem for which i also have a solution

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To abdul

"Setarip is right about it being ac3 sound, but the solution is just to install the ac3 codec (which btw includes the iviaudio.ax filter)"

Is this somehow different than part B) of my post? To wit:

"or B) Download the filters (iviaudio.ax and ivivideo.ax)."

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

to setarip

Originally posted by setarip
          Is this somehow different than part B) of my post?
          To wit:
          "or B) Download the filters (iviaudio.ax and ivivideo.ax)."
          I don't think so ....................... but i understood my answer

Comment

• shagmasterwang
            • Jan 2002

got it working...

I got those audio filters you guys were talking about and now it works! Thanks for the help guys

Comment

• abdul
              • Jan 2002

You are so welcome

You see: Together we're strong ...................divided we fall

Comment

Working...