Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floodo1
    • Jun 2003

voices in movies are garbled

ok guys i dont know what i installed to make this happen but voices are garbled. i downloaded the clip of the week (charlies angels full throttle).

it plays back fine until the part where the black guy starts talkin to charlie, his voice and everyone else's is garbled, like something is trying to do kareoke and remove his voice.

this happens in ALL my videos. i think everything i have is mpeg layer 3 audio tho.

i downloaded nimo's pack and installed fraunhoffeer, and i also rolled back my sblive drivers from the creative drivers back to ms.

the thing i notice also is taht ALL of my sound system wide is quiter than normal, i have ot put wave and master volume at max just to get normal levels.

anyone have any suggestions?
  • floodo1
    • Jun 2003

here is more information.

this happens in divx, xvid, mpeg1. as long as the audi is encoded with mp3 codec (checked with both gspot and one of the other avi checkers on this site).

it even happened with SOME mp3's being played in winamp.

the audio problem occurs in both bsplayer, winamp (when i use it to play video) and windows media player 9.

i dont get why this happens to voices only, sound effects and music work fine.

as an example in the charlies angels trailer it plays fine up until when people talk, but even when they are talkin if action is happening all of those sounds come through fine.

i also checked it with more files than that, i tried some tv episodes, some pron, a little of everything realy.

oh yeah i also forgot that this started happening after i installed xvid codec.

my comp was working fine but i didnt have xvid codec, and i wanted to wath a movie that was encoded with xvid. so i downloaded http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html that xvid codec.

then i fired up wmp9 and it started playing th emovie perfectly, so then i jumped forward about 4 minutes and the voices where garbled. so i just thought my file was corrupt, so i opened other files and still have this problem.

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling codecs. i tried installing just the audio stuff (mp3) from nimo. i tried changing sound card drivers.

do i have "we'll turn your audio into karaoke" virus or what? ahah

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"the thing i notice also is taht ALL of my sound system wide is quiter than normal, i have ot put wave and master volume at max just to get normal levels."

If you have access to an equalizer (hardware or software) in your setup, raise the mid-range...

Comment

• floodo1
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by setarip
        "the thing i notice also is taht ALL of my sound system wide is quiter than normal, i have ot put wave and master volume at max just to get normal levels."

If you have access to an equalizer (hardware or software) in your setup, raise the mid-range...
        its not that the voices are quite, its that they are GARBLED, MANGLED, fuxed up even.

Comment

Working...