Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AxE
    • Jun 2003

Playback probs with WMP9

Hi im using win2k and I had this problem back on my xp install. After I defragmented the partition with all my videoes, they would cause my system to reboot if I tried to skip ahead. I think its cause it hasnt been formatted for a while. Well i did so and slapped the videoes back. Now it doesnt do that but I can't get wmp9 to play back any avi files. It "somestimes" does. I always get audio though with a black screen. The divx player worked but I uninstalled it as I wanted to find a codec that would work.

Im currently using divx 3.11 alpha. It sometiems plays video but I can't foward to any part or it becomes black again.

I've tried the fdd program that checks for codecs and says I have several installed that should work...

What can I do?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Playback probs with WMP9

Originally posted by AxE

I've tried the fdd program that checks for codecs and says I have several installed that should work...
    You are referring to GSpot, I trust? FFDShow is an alternative decoder that you can use (and is highly recommended) to play your video contents.

In addition, make sure that your device drivers are updated to the most recent (and preferrably stable) version. As well, give the older and more reliable WMP 6.4 a try (run "mplayer2.exe" from the Run command).

Comment

• AxE
      • Jun 2003

My mistake, I ment gspot. i also have ffd installed. I just selected all the options in codecs.

I tried that run command and the program has the same problem..

Im ultra annoyed by this! never have I had this problem.

Comment

Working...