Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsp
    • Jun 2003

Can't play 5.1 channel....

I had recently got creative live 5.1 channel sound card & sony home theatre audio system, both connected via analog 5.1 audio inputs, but i get only stereo sound in divx movies & no sound in xvid movies, having encoded ac3 5.1 sound ......

I have p4 2 ghz,ati 9000 video card, 40mb hdd, microdvd 1.2 divx player, vobsub 2.23, ffdshow, etc

Can somebody help me out of this utter frustation......
  • brazil_dpr
    • Jan 2002

AC-3 sound in DivX and Xvid

Hi friend. I have an Audgy 2 sound card and I don't have problems when watching DVDs on my computer (I use Dxr3 card to decode video under DVD Station, from Sigma).

About DivX and Xvid videos with AC-3 sound, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm finishing a download of the movie "The Ring" and it has AC-3 sound. Send me an e-mail (brazil_dpr@hotmail.com) asking for the results and as soon as the donwload finish, I answer you.

But here goes a tip: Did you ENABLED the 5.1 decoding on you sound card?! And.. try using another software. I think PowerDVD 4 XP Deluxe is decoding DivX movies. And it works with Dolby Digital too...

Bye

Daniel

Comment

• brazil_dpr
      • Jan 2002

Hey friend. It's me again. I had THE SAME problem with you. I tried using Windows Media Player, Creative Media Center, BS Player... and I got nothng... but video.

I'll keep trying to find the solution and as soon as I get it, I post it here to you. Keep asking for help and if you find the solution first, post it here too for me to read it!

Thanks

Daniel

Comment

• brazil_dpr
        • Jan 2002

Solution

Send me an email so I can pass to you a program to solve this problem.

See profile for my email.

Comment

Working...