X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rashaka
    • Jul 2003

Classfactory cannot supply requested class

Hi. I'm new here. :wave:

I've been trying to play an avi file on both Windows MP and Real One Player, and I keep getting this message on both programs:

Classfactory cannot supply requested class

I followed the help instructions for both players, but neither could direct me to whatever I needed to make it work, just tell me I had an error.

Can anyone help?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• rashaka
      • Jul 2003

Ok. I downloaded VirtualDub 1.5.4, installed it, and opened it. I opened the avi file, and this is what I got:

So I hit OK, and then it went to this:

Then I said OK again, and I got an empty VirtualDub screen-- my file hadn't loaded.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm surmising that you've downloaded this file (rather than one you've created). As such, anything is possible.

1) It could very likely be that you've downloaded a fake file purporting to be an illicit version of a commercial movie

2) You could have an incomplete download

3) You could have a corrupt download

Just curious, what is the full name of the file?

Comment

• rashaka
          • Jul 2003

The file is an anime episode, fan-created in the sense that it was subtitled by fans (though not the person whom I downloaded it from). It's the 25th episode of this series, and I downloaded all 24 previous episodes without a problem from the same personal FTP server, not from a general file-trading place like Kazaa.

Hm... it looks while I went to class this evening, the alternate version finish downloading... it seems to be working. I'd still like to know what the error was, though. This was the only episode that the server had two versions available.

error file name: witch_hunter_robin_25 (hqa_anbu).avi

working file name: witch_hunter_robin_25 [r-b].avi

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"I'd still like to know what the error was, though. This was the only episode that the server had two versions available."

Must be a reason for posting two files. Perhaps you can email the source of the first file for an explanation...

Comment

• ToreroValiente
              • Oct 2003

Hi all,

This exact problem I have as well.

However, it is possible to play the AVI-file in the Kazaa Lite AVI preview, but in Windows Media Player or BSplayer or Subsync teh file is not working.

The file is the Catch me If You Can Cd 1.avi file, obtained from Kazaa...

Could it be solved with VritualDub, or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance,

Torero

Comment

Working...