Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

An under-rated player

Hi, a few weeks ago I came across this player in the mpegx archives. I tried it and I thought that it was really good (in features) and was surprised that no one ever spoke of this player. It's freeware btw.

This player allows you to make menus (like the ones in DVDs) and save it as a *.mv2 format. It also allows you to generate a gallery of screenshots (taken at specified intervals) of any movie that you are watching. Usefull when you want to have a brief summary of a movie. It has a skinnable interface too

I hope that I am not spamming or anything like that cos I haven't seen anything like this player and it is 100% freeware and I thought that you guys out there ought to know about it. Do try it out ok? No guarantee that you'd like it but it's worth a try at the very least...

Homepage:

Download link:
    Download MV2Player, a multimedia player capable of playing DivX movies

or
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Here are a few screenshots I took:

Gallery-feature
    Attached Files

Comment

• WildmanJoe
      • Jan 2003

And another on the Menu-feature (sorry I couldn't get both attachments on one post)
      Attached Files

Comment

• WildmanJoe
        • Jan 2003

All right, it seems that no one seems to be interested in this awesome player, but I'll just continue and list all the features I know about this player.

Features:
        - Plays DVD/Audio/Video CDs/Mp3s
        - Ability to play from a capture device (eg. tv in, etc.)
        - Adjustable playback rate
        - Customizable controls
        - Catalog and playlist support
        - On-Screen Display
        - Set loop range in movie
        - Shutdown option
        - When no movie is loaded, it displays the time
        - Skin editor
        - Basically all the standard features of a divx player

Features Unique to MV2Player

* Ability to generate a menu (html) containing screenshots taken at specified intervals of a movie. You can specify the dimensions of the thumbnails and set the no. of rows and columns in the gallery (see the above link)

* Ability to create a DVD-like menu containing chapters of a movie (see the above link)

* Ability to play CDs that contain multimdia files (avi, mpg, etc.) and pressing the "next track" button will play the next file that is in the CD.

* Brightness and contrast controls are located directly on the player.

Best Feature - It's free

If you guys out there don't like this player, all I can say is:
        You don't know what you are missing. Good day.
        Last edited by WildmanJoe; 9 Jul 2003, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Although your intentions MAY be good, you're trying too hard.

Do you, by any chance, have any direct involvement with this software? If so, it's not appropriate to use these forums to "advertise" it...

Comment

• WildmanJoe
            • Jan 2003

Hi setarip, glad you replied... No, I don't have any invovlement in this project. I live in S'pore and this project I guess is probably based in Czech (.cz extension)

It's just that I stumbled upon this program in the MPEGX archive and when I tried it I really thought it was real cool. It's comparable to BSPlayer, of which people often spoke so highly of and I have not heard anyone speak of this player before.

Could you just try out this player. With your experience in DivX and stuff you ought to be able to tell if I am right about this player. If someone like you still thinks that this player is nothing special then I rest my case. Otherwise I thought that the community should know about this player. Btw, it's freeware. There isn't even a donation option.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Could you just try out this player."

Sorry, I have no interest in doing so...
              Last edited by setarip; 9 Jul 2003, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
                • Jan 2003

All right then... "To each his own"

Comment

Working...