Totally screwed up audio sync problem...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ham
    • Jan 2002

Totally screwed up audio sync problem...

I have this one movie (information attached) that has this very strange audio sync problem. If I play through the whole movie without stopping, the audio would go out of sync about 1/3 of the way through and would remain that way for the duration of the movie. The wierd thing is, if I seek the movie to any point, there would be NO audio sync problem in its immediate vicinity!

So if the movie starts going out of sync. at any point after I play from the start, I could fix the problem by 'moving' the seek bar to its current position and everything would play normal again. This happens when playing in both WMP and VD.

The frame rate screen suggests I should change it to 29.003 fps and the current is 30.016, but I can't figure out a way to fix it when seeking to any part of the movie plays it normally...and I had fixed many sync. problems before with VD.
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

(It looks like your file was created with the "Kristal" version of a DivX codec)

If you have the Radium .MP3 codec installed on your system, try the following:

1) Open the original .AVI in VirtualDub (or one of its variants)

2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

4) From under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and select the same .MPEG Layer 3 setting as indicated in the "File Information" box that you posted

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...