X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fiddler
    • Jul 2003

Windows Movie Maker 2: struggling!

Hi Folks

I'm very new to the world of digital video (in fact this is my first post on this forum) so please don't laugh at me using Windows Movie Maker ... I'm still learning!!!

I recently captured some footage from my DV camera into MM2. I'm capturing with Firewire to a second HDD. I selected 'Digital Device Format (DV-AVI)' as the capture format within MM2 (I figure this is the highest capture quality). I clicked acpture and watch my HDD space disappear!! 3 minutes needed 950MB which according to the DV file size calculator at http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6076.htm should be about right (5MB/sec).

Once I'd finished capturing I thought I'd have a look at the movie. In Explorer I opened the file (it opened in Media Player) and it only takes up about a ninth of the size of my screen!!! What's going on?! Surely a 900MB 3 minute movie should be full-screen. Am I missing something obvious here? And no matter how I export it in MM2 I get a pretty crappy looking movie - in no way comparable to the original quality of miniDV.

My plan is to create some simple movies (with the transitions available in MM2) and then burn these to DVD and VCD. However my problem at the moment is that I can't get decent quality. Help!

Cheers,
    Fiddler
Working...