X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

making a dvd from a .avi file ?

I just bought a SONY DVD RW DRU-510A DVD burner.

I have some avi files that I would like to burn to a DVD+R or DVD+RW. ( or any type of DVD format for that matter).

Basically what I wondering was if there was a way to like convert the avi to a literal DVD. Without using a program like "AVI Convert". I have Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 installed on my computer but, have yet to figure it out.

I figured out how to make backup copys of my DVD's I own.

Thank You Very Much,

Jonathan
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (I'm sure others may suggest different ones) is as follows:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ANEVES
      • Aug 2003

HOW TO PLACE ONE OR MORE SUBS AFTER THIS PROCEDURE?
      GRATEFUL.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To ANEVES

"HOW TO PLACE ONE OR MORE SUBS AFTER THIS PROCEDURE?"

This is NOT possible, after the fact. You would have to first incorporate PERMANENT subtitles in your .AVI BEFORE using the procedures I've provided...

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

i did do it succesfully! but, a few parts during the movie it would scramble up turning different colors and mixing the screen up

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"i did do it succesfully!"

Congratulations ;>}

Comment

Working...