X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anikris2003
    • Aug 2003

Atlantis, audio/video out of sync etc..

Hey
    I'm trying to playback this movie with divx, it all looked promising until about halfways into the movie when I got an error...don't remember, but the movie terminated. When I started it again and moved to where I left off I was able to continue playing back the movie, but then the sound was out of sync. It was 10-20 seconds fast.

I read some of the other treads here and tried downloading VitrualDub. I must admit that I didn't really know what I was doing, but I ok-ed the message I got when I opened the movie (enclosed) and made sure the setting for Direct Stream Copy. I pressed the play-button and watched the movie again Then when it started getting close to where I had gotten the error message the entire thing started (forgive the bad term) jumping. So I pressed the stop button, then I started it again, and the sound was out of sync.

I'm sorry I don't have the error message from divx, could always play the movie again to get it

If anyone can help me I'd be MOST apprechiative. This will be very good for your karma

Greetings from Norway
    Anita
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try the following:

1) Load the DivX file into the most recent version of either VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Select "Check for errors"

4) Select "Mask bad frames"

5) Save with a new filename

Comment

• anikris2003
      • Aug 2003

Hmmm

Hey,
      Thanks for the speedy reply....
      I have VirtualDub 1.5.4, that was the one I found on their web-site... And I couldn't find "Mask bad frames", nor "Check for errors". I still tried creating a new file with "Direct Stream Copy".

I haven't tried playing the movie, but when I moved to about 50 min out in the movie, the sound was still fast.... So I'm asuming that the process didn't take care of the problem.

One more aspect..I have a Wallace and Gromit thing, and my son tells me that this also malfunctioned (nice word ) about halfway in the movie....

Impressive reply by the way! Short and to the point

Comment

• anikris2003
        • Aug 2003

By the way

I tried the skew thing, and I almost looked forward to seeing the movie when it started skipping again
        Seems that fram 73081 is bad, so I'm scanning video streaming for errors, hoping that will alow me to remove this frame.
        Don't understand why the rest of it doesn't work tho....

Comment

Working...