Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenfly
    • Aug 2003

Hoping someone can PLEASE help re: tv playback

Okay, I normally have no problem at all playing movies on my tv, however the last few movies I've received I'm having problems playing them on my tv..First I'll let you know about my setup..

I've got 2 video cards, a Radeon 7200 64MB card, and a ATI 128 All-In-Wonder..I run most of my stuff on my Radeon card, but whenever I watch a movie, I extend my desktop onto the AIW card, and drag my media player there..The AIW card is hooked up on my tv..

As I stated, normally I have no problems..But the last couple movies I got (i think it has to do with the codec maybe), works fine on my monitor, but when I drag it to the TV, the sound is out of sync?

I believe these movies are using the XVID codec..So I tried using AVS Video Converter to convert the movie from XVID to DIVX but for some reason I get an error half way thru and it wont let me convert the rest..Thing is, when I try the part that was converted (the now DIVX format), it works fine on my TV..Could it be something with the Audio format?

The video orignally is using 135kbps bitrate, at 48000hz..When I convert it, it goes to 192kbps bitrate at 44100hz...So I'm thinking it's the audio rate thats messing things up..

Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Tenfly
  • Pupazz
    • Aug 2003

When playing back on your monitor you use the Radeon, yes?
    Just a guess but maybe the 128 and/or its drivers aren't quite
    up to the demands of the Xvid codec.
    Advising people to update their drivers and install ffdshow seem
    to cure half the problems around here
    If that fails update your Xvid codec, the 1 in the latest Nimo pack is fine.

Comment

• tenfly
      • Aug 2003

Hey well thanks for the help I updated ffdshow but I think where the problem layed was in WMP for some reason. I went into the setting and reduced the Video Acceleration and for some reason it worked so I was happy

Thanks!

Comment

Working...