GSpot shows codecs installed, but fails rendering of any audio codecs.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RolfRomeo
    • Aug 2003

GSpot shows codecs installed, but fails rendering of any audio codecs.

GSpot screenshot

Obviously my problem is that I get absolutely no sound when playing back .avi files, regardless of the audio-codec in use.

The problem likely began after installing and reinstalling AC3filter 0.69. (It gave me AC3 playback up until i rebooted. After that AC3- playback disappeared, so I uninstalled it. My problem may have started before uninstalling AC3Filter.)

I am left completely clueless as to what may have happened. Did AC3filter bring down some DirectShow stuff (or whatever) with it?

Any help would be appreciated. I have recently reinstalled windows, so I hope I don't have to go through that process again in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Thomas
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try using the MV2 player, which allows you to use ACM Wrapper instead of the default DirectShow filter (Options -> DS Graph -> Decoders Tab -> MP3).

Comment

• RolfRomeo
      • Aug 2003

So I gather reinstalling DirectShow might help? That is a part of DirectX, no?

Sounds like a great deal of trouble having to manually set the audio codec each time I play a file using a different audio codec than the preceeding.

Comment

• RolfRomeo
        • Aug 2003

OK, so I should have downloaded the program and tried it before opening my mouth.

This actually works. Thanks indeed.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Good to see it worked out well for you. Enjoy your show.

Comment

Working...