Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disabled
    • Aug 2003

No Sound! Audio Data: Tag 80

I have a major problem playing an avi file.
    On my divx Player it says Audio Data: Tag 80
    I can only see the movie without sound on all of my players. exp. DivX, BSPlayer etc.
    When I Render the file on GSpot i get the following Error message:
    0x00040242: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER - Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format.
    But in the section where it views the Audio Codecs it says i have 2 compatible codecs installed.
    Pleas can anybody help!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Both the "Tag 80" (decimal) and "00x50" (hexadecimal) are indicative of MPEG1-Layer2 audio - which is typically used ONLY with MPEG1/VCD/MPEG2/SVCD files. This audio codec is "built-in" to Windows.

You probably have obtained either a fake file or a corrupted file...

Comment

• rorypyro
      • Feb 2003

I've got nearly the same problem. The video stream is fine, and its obviously not a fake from what I'm watching. Also, when I open the DAt file in Virtualdub and export it out to avi, it does export the audio data, I just can't get anything to play it.

any ideas, anyone?

when I try to play it in vdub it says

"Error initialising audio stream decompression:
      the requested conversion is not possible

check to make sure you have the required codec (Microsoft Audio Codec)"

Gspot says the audio is
      "divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks"

and that I've got two compatible audio codecs installed, Windows Media Audio, and Windows Media Audio Decoder"

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To rorypyro

You appear to be "mixing apples and oranges in your post":

"when I open the DAt file in Virtualdub and export it out to avi, it does export the audio data, I just can't get anything to play it."

If it's a ".DAT" file, it's in MPEG-1 VideoCD format

"Gspot says the audio is
        'divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks'"

You must be referring to a different file, since this audio format is usable only in .AVI files - not in MPEG-1 VideoCDs.

Download and install the DivX v.3.11alpha codec, which will automatically install the "DivX audio" hack of WMA that this second file requires...

Comment

• flying_geo
          • Oct 2004

I am also missing audio tag 80. Can someone pls tell me where to download this tag? or codec?

The file is definitely not fake...as the video works perfectly fine...

thanks a lot in advance

Comment

• syl175
            • Oct 2004

Just install AC3 Filter (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/a...b.exe?download) than you will be able to hear it
            & Install WaveOut-DSound (file attached) if you don't have an AC3 SPDIF speaker system

Good luck!
            Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To syl175

Both the "Tag 80" (decimal) and "00x50" (hexadecimal) are indicative of MPEG1-Layer2 audio.

What would an .AC3 (tag 2000) filter have to do with this?

Comment

• syl175
                • Oct 2004

I have a similar problem (no sound but excellent vedio) when playing Xvid movie, and got solved this way. Give it a try, your problem might just be solved.

Good luck again!

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To syl175

Although I'm sure you're well-intentioned, it's quite apparent that your knowledge of audio formats is extremely limited.

1) Your XviD file contained an .AC3 audiostream. Therefore, installing an .AC3-specific filter solved YOUR lack of audio problem

2) "flying_geo" has a video that includes an MPEG1-Layer2 audiostream - for which an .AC3-specific filter would do nothing

Comment

• syl175
                    • Oct 2004

You are right. I was lucky to solve my problem so easily without digging into the knowledge base of audio formats......but I am sure you can refer to below post (http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php...51067&forum=26), where Divx team have posted solutions to all audio tags.

Comment

• flying_geo
                      • Oct 2004

i'm sorry...i still don't get it. So now what should i do? How can the link above help me? and btw, i already have ac3 filter installed...

Comment

Working...