X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mauricechaumont
    • Nov 2001

Help on WMA codec and WinXP ?

Hi,
    I currently have Win XP Pro installed and i have problem to hear the sound with the media player on some DivX sequences.
    When I launch the media player, it connects to the Microsoft site to download a codec, but the operation never succeeds.
    It says the codec does'nt match with my audio stream.

When I look at the properties of the DivX file, it shows that the audio codec is Windows Media Audio v2.

I should add that the MP3 encoded audio sequences work perfectly.
    Is there something I can do to have sound with these sequences?
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

You could try using VirtualDub to separate the audio/video streams and then re-encode the audio as MP3. Then go back to VirtualDub and re-encode the audio into the video. If you then get sync problems, download AVIinfo and slow down the video to match the audio, or offset the audio to match the video. That's all I can think of I'm afraid!
    Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• mauricechaumont
      • Nov 2001

I found the solution:
      I had not installed the DivX Audio codec, thus the error message.
      It is not delivered with the DivX 4 Windows video codec.
      So I reinstalled de 3.11 codec and i don't have any problem now.

Thanks for your answer

Comment

• ne1scott
        • Dec 2001

I installed the Divx 3.11 Alpha codec and now my audio & video plays back fine. I am unable to re-load the Divx412 bundle (wanted to overlay it and see if it still works) though with an error writing to file divxdec.ax in the windows\system directory. I will re-boot and try re-loading it again.

I re-installed the 412bundle with no problems. Everything now works great in WMP8 in XP-Pro. You do have to answer yes to "Do you want to use the Divx4.0 codec to play back Divx 3.0 files" otherwise you get a grey blank screen with sound only.
        Last edited by ne1scott; 6 Jan 2002, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...