X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack4746
    • Aug 2003

after format & new hardware: sound not sync & video issues

Hi everybody,

First of all i'm french, sorry for my poor english but i'll try to explain you my problems as well as i can

I have jsut bought a new mother board / processor / DDR memory (asus P4C800 deluxe, P4 2,4GHz, 512 DDR), so after fdisk, format & having re-installed win 2k pro, I wasn"t able to watch divx movie properly (which were fine before... so it isnt a encoding issue).

The problems are:

- sound not sync at all: sometimes the sound comes before the character, sometimes after, but never at the good time. it begins at the begining, & not while the movie is playing (I mean it doesnt come after 30mn of playing, it begins at the top)

- video accelerates sometimes (exemple: a man is walking on a beach we see him far away, the bug acts & in 1 second he is in front of us)

- sound not sync + video accelerate (2 issues in the same time) which means we see the man walking the whole beach in 1/2 second, while he was speaking, but the bug makes that we hear the begining of a sentance, and the end of another one.. we can"t understand what he says (but, it's funny sometimes )

I assume it's a codec problem, because I didn't have this troubleshootings with the former hardware & the same codecs, so the divx movies are fine (no need to use nandub/ virtualdub etc..) And i have this problem with every divx I watch... What I can say is that I think it comes from the divx 5 codec (cause there is the logo when playing the movie) i've tryied 5.05, 5.02 etc.. nothing changes.
    I have although tryied the ffdshow pack, tsunami, nandub, divx total pack, sLD etc... (and different playes: BSP, wmp, MV2p, power dvd..) with no results!!! :'( Maybe something to configure better for using my new hardware... (i've checked the divx on another pc, everything works fine..)

Plz help!
    thx in advance
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Update drivers for mother board, graphics and audio cards. And update DirectX.

Are you playing the files directly from a CD/DVD drive ?. If so try copying the file to HD. And make sure that DMA is enabled on the CD drive.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Jack4746
      • Aug 2003

ok i've just updated asus motherboard, sblive 5.1 & geforce4 ti4200 detonators without better results.

The divx watched to make different test are on the HD, so there is no dma or transfer issue.

I'm now playing with the postprocessing settings & quality settings from divx 5 configuration panel, maybe there is a hint, if anybody got a tip (the smooth playback doesn't seems to change anything nor do the other options) Notice, that i've installed the SLDcodecpack1.5.exe (not that i prefer it, but it was the first i found to double click on maybe i should install another one?)

Comment

Working...