X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iam
    • Sep 2003

no sound, have read posts..

hi.

I can't get any sound when playing anything on any software other than real one player.

when i try to play my music files on kazaa the timer 00:00/00:00 doesn't even move and when i play video files, only the video comes on.

but when i view those files in real one they work fine.

I've tried previewing it in AVI preview, it simply says no audio hardware available.

That's for all files i have.

As for DIVX, it basically says that too; with the exception of one file (video). It says audio tag 85 and apparently i don't have that software. but i have downloaded Gspot and ffpspot and Gspot says i have the necessary codecs, merely that i don't have the audio hardware when i render it. but how can that be when real one works fine and my control panel says alls good?

help! please. I'm figuring i need to download a codec but have no idea why, how or where to find them.

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"It says audio tag 85 and apparently i don't have that software"

This is indicative (in decimal format) of the need to install an .MP3 audio codec. You should be able to download the Radium .MP3 codec at:

Install the codec and then reboot your system...

Comment

• iam
      • Sep 2003

the download links in the site you gave do not work. one leads to a yahoo briefcase site that says'this folder is empty' and another opens to a blank screen and won't do anything else. Can I download any of the other mp3 codecs @riphelp?

also, another file says tag 1. would the mp3 codec work with that one too?

thanks a lot

Comment

Working...