Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miketd
    • Sep 2003

no audio!!

I have a problem that I just can't solve (and i read the stickies). Here goes: My game theater xp sound card got fried and so im forced to use the integrated ac97 sound on my motherboard. The problem is no I get no sound in lots of files (i dont know if this is related, but i did uninstall the game theater xp sound drivers). I ran GSpot and found that all the files have audio encoding of: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3. However, GSpot also says that I have "2 compatible codecs installed". Anyway, these codecs don't seem to be working. I've tried everything i can think of to fix this problem. I first uninstalled all my codec packs that i could find. THen I reinstalled nimo codec pack (which is what i was using before and it worked fine). THat didn't word so I uninstalled it and installed the klite codec pack. That didn't work either. I next tried the codecs from divx.com and that didn't work! I can't get any sound of files with audio encoding of MPEG-1 Layer 3!!! Furthurmore, i cant figure out how to unistall the 2 remaining codecs. Please help me. Another weird thing is that I can still see video of the divx movies even though ive uninstalled every codec pack i have which i guess means i have some lingering codecs.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do a Googlesearch for the Radium .MP3 codec.

Install.

Reboot...

Comment

• miketd
      • Sep 2003

i installed that too, doesn't work. I guess my question is, how to i clean out my system of old codecs so i can start fresh? I Went to the control panel / sound and audio devices / hardware / audio codecs / and removed them all but microsoft pcm controller. Yet, gspot still tells me i have the two compatible codecs installed! Help! How do i get rid of them!?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Use Codec Sniper and get rid of em. Make sure you don't get rid of any codecs Microsoft installs though, so you don't have to download them again

Comment

• Birdyd
          • Sep 2003

SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video said :
          Use Codec Sniper and get rid of em. Make sure you don't get rid of any codecs Microsoft installs though, so you don't have to download them again
          [TSUNAMI CODEC SNIPER DUH THERE IS A LOT ON MY LIST mmmm this is scary
          MmMmMm actually this is very interresting i'm having a big problem as well with codecs,

<------ AND WHY NOT FOR XP FFS ?? !!!

I tried to supress them, in the device manager, i try to install them back going on the microsoft Website i even change manually some file on the /windows/system32... and all those didn't work ( installing pack of codecs and so on and i had reboot like 15 times for nothing) so what about if i delete all the codec coz it seems my operating system ( xp )
          don't even find basic codec like pcm or alaw, a talk in yahoo messenger don't work as well ( codec h.261 or G.723.1 i think like for netmeeting audio ) but i can still play sound like
          wav or mid as well ya know the sound that play for event in windows shutdown and so on.....

So i get rid of all of them than install window's one back ????

Microsoft windows audio codec

mmmm seems i'm gonna have to reboot a few times more

:
          DO I REALLY DELETE THEM ALL ??? or Only the bad one ?? ALL mmm i don't feel it
          I NEED AN ADVICE ON THAT GRRRR LIST

If you "SKD_Tech Lord of Digital Video" could have a look on that list and tell me if i should really delete all ? and install again somehow but mmmmm....

mmm i post this at 9:09 am my time and finish editing at 12:24 am my time lmaooo ! ! no comments ty !! DUH !
          Last edited by Birdyd; 14 Sep 2003, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...