Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • encoding newb
    • Sep 2003

I'm confused

I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I'm trying to use Flask MPEG to re-encode a DVD movie so that I can play it off my hard drive (much easier than flipping disks around). But whenever i try to encode the audio, it won't let me do anything except for PCM format at 44100 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, with a rate of 172 kb/sec. This setting works, but it takes up a fair amount of space. Whenever I try to change it to, say, MP3, I can select the options for it and everything, but as soon as I leave that screen, it reverts back to the codec mentioned above. In essence, I can't get it to stay on MP3. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by encoding newb; 14 Sep 2003, 12:26 AM.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Download the Radium MP3 Codec and use it

Comment

• WildmanJoe
      • Jan 2003

Encode the audio separately.

What I do is to use mpeg mediator to extract the audio to .wav then encode the .wav file separately and then mux using VirtualDubMod.

Comment

• encoding newb
        • Sep 2003

SKD, I did download the Radium codec, but it still doesn't work. Can you tell me what I have to do to make sure it works in Flask? I tried installing it into a folder where I put all the stuff for Flask, but then I get an error message when I try to open Flask unless I take it out.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

hmmmmm I am really not sure with Flask. I have only used it twice. I didn't like it

Comment

Working...