• Show
Clear All
  • Birdyd
    • Sep 2003

Less Than No Audio

in a previous post

SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video said :
    Use Codec Sniper and get rid of em. Make sure you don't get rid of any codecs Microsoft installs though, so you don't have to download them again
    [TSUNAMI CODEC SNIPER DUH THERE IS A LOT ON MY LIST mmmm this is scary
    MmMmMm actually this is very interresting i'm having a big problem as well with codecs,

<------ AND WHY NOT FOR XP FFS ?? !!!

I tried to supress them, in the device manager, i try to install them back going on the microsoft Website i even change manually some file on the /windows/system32... and all those didn't work ( installing pack of codecs and so on and i had reboot like 15 times for nothing) so what about if i delete all the codec coz it seems my operating system ( xp )
    don't even find basic codec like pcm or alaw, a talk in yahoo messenger don't work as well ( codec h.261 or G.723.1 i think like for netmeeting audio ) but i can still play sound like
    wav or mid as well ya know the sound that play for event in windows shutdown and so on.....

So i get rid of all of them than install window's one back ????

Microsoft windows audio codec

mmmm seems i'm gonna have to reboot a few times more

:
    DO I REALLY DELETE THEM ALL ??? or Only the bad one ?? ALL mmm i don't feel it
    I NEED AN ADVICE ON THAT GRRRR LIST

If you "SKD_Tech Lord of Digital Video" could have a look on that list and tell me if i should really delete all ? and install again somehow but mmmmm....
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Try repairing your WinXP. Boot up using the WinXP CD, install into C: Drive and select repair. Alternatively you could use System Restore.

Comment

• Birdyd
      • Sep 2003

mmm can you be a little bit more precise about the repair ?

when i boot with xp cd it never propose me to repair the existing installation and concerning the second point i never use the procedure so if you could me a little bit more clear about it

Ty

i'm still trying other procedure in that time less agressive i would say coz i'm not sure that repairing a system with a cd of xp and having the system with sp1 that is not contained on the original disk is gonna work...
      but anyway if i do that procedure as i' ve done it it never ask for repair..

Comment

• WildmanJoe
        • Jan 2003

Boot with the Windows XP CD and at the Setup Screen press the Enter Key.
        You will be taken to the Windows XP Licensing Agreement. After reading the agreement press F8 to proceed.
        The next screen gives you the option to do a fresh (clean) install or to "Repair the selected Windows XP installation." Press "R"
        Windows XP will copy the necessary files to your Hard Drive to begin the installation and will then reboot. You will see the message that informs you to "Press any key to boot the CD". Do not press any keys this time just wait a few seconds and the Windows Startup Screen will be displayed. Following this you will be greeted by the Windows XP Setup Screens.

That's all.

Comment

• Birdyd
          • Sep 2003

hmm i think what you propose it not really helpfull coz if i follow your procedure i just arrive at the xp command promt
          and there what do i do ?? i'm on a sort of dos prompt
          and i type what ? restore sytem.exe ??
          this is just not gonna work

Comment

• Birdyd
            • Sep 2003

ANY OTHERS SOLUTION PLZ ???

Comment

• WildmanJoe
              • Jan 2003

You won't arrive at the command prompt if you followed the above instructions correctly. You don't select repair at the first screen, you must select "Repair" only when you see the other option of a "fresh install"

Comment

Working...