Audio & Video Playback problems installing wmp9 codecs...How do i fix this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choyboy001
    • Sep 2003

Audio & Video Playback problems installing wmp9 codecs...How do i fix this?

Ever since I installed this Windows Media Player 9 codec pack from Microsoft, all my divx and xvid movies haven't been playing back correctly. All my audio for Xivd and Divx 5.0+ movies has been playing back this weird echo, glitchy sound. Its kinda hard to describe the sound to be honest, but it sounds horrible. I've tried uninstalling those WMP 9 codecs and replacing them with WMP8 codecs, but the problem still there. I even re-installed Xvid and Divx 5.0.5, and I still have this audio problem. The video image only shows up sometimes. When it doesn't show up, the audio playback is perfect, but when the video image does show, the sound is all funky. I've been having a really hard time trying to fix this. If anyone knows what i can do to fix this audio and video problem, please respond.
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Try using FFDShow for playback of Divx and Xvid movies. If this doesn't help, use codec sniper (found in Tsunami Filter Pack 3.99) to kill of the blasted MS codec.

Comment

• choyboy001
      • Sep 2003

Thanks WildmanJoe, that Tsunami Filter Pack 3.99 did the trick. Now my aduio play back is perfectly fine =)

Comment

Working...