Suddenly can't play divx,xvid or mpegs!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quantum88
    • Apr 2003

Suddenly can't play divx,xvid or mpegs!?

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now, but to no avail.

Here's my problem and the steps I've taken to try to fix it:

Cannot play ANY(that up until that point had played flawlessly)divx, xvid or mpegs.

Before it stopped working, I had the following filters, rippacks and codecs installed: ffdshow, divx 5.05pro, xvid kopei's build and Gknot v.28.

I tried uninstalling all those, then reinstalling them. I tried installing ACE Mega Codec pack 5.51 w/ ffdshow. I tried installing Tsunami-Filter w/ ffdshow. Heck I even tried installing JUST ffdshow. NONE of these solutions worked.

On a sidenote, I did a system restore to before I started having the problem, and all my movies and music videos(avi and mpegs)play perfectly. I only wish I knew what was different about my system back then.

I really would like to avoid doing a system restore if possible, as it would mean I would have to reinstall a bunch of programs I've installed since then.

I'm Open to ANY suggestions, so please lend me a hand.

Thanks to all of you guys, Quantum88
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I did a system restore to before I started having the problem, and all my movies and music videos(avi and mpegs)play perfectly. I really would like to avoid doing a system restore if possible, as it would mean I would have to reinstall a bunch of programs I've installed since then."

1) Be happy the rollback overcame your dilemma

2) One or more of the "bunch of programs" undoubtedly brought rise to your problem in the first place. Reinstalling, one at a time, should help you pinpoint the culprit

Comment

• quantum88
      • Apr 2003

I probably will just rollback like you said and reinstall all the programs, but the funny thing is, is that all those programs I installed afterwards were either games or demos of games. So, I don't know how those could have affected things. Alas, I'm no EXPERT at computers so, anythings possible I suppose.

Anyways, thanks setarip, I'll let you know how things work after I rollback.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Anyways, thanks setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...