Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howvan
    • Oct 2003

poor audio in MPEG

The audio in my *.mpg files is very poor. It's loud and grainy even when the audio on my laptop is barely on. Probably a bad encoder. Anyhow, is there any program that I can use that can change the audio quality?

Matt
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the MPEG into TMPGEnc
    2) Enter a new Output filename
    3) From the "Advanced" tab, doubleclick on "Audio effect" - also put a checkmark next to those words
    4) Put a checkmark next to "Change volume"
    5) click on "Normalize" and enter the desired percentage
    6) Click on "OK" and then "OK" again, so that you're back to the main window
    7) Click on the "Start" radiobutton

Or, you can try using an audio editor, such as GoldWave or CoolEdit...

Comment

• hutchings_18
      • Oct 2003

I have 2 mpeg files that are around 800MB each (two parts of the movie "The Goonies")... when I use TEMPGENC DVD Author, it says that the resolution is incorrect, so I try using TEMPGENC Plus 2.5 to change the resolution. I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly, but i do end up with a valid resolution (a larger file, but that's OK)... my problem is:

THE SOUND OF THE NEW MPEG ISN'T NORMAL! IT'S SLIGHTLY DISTORTED... HARD TO EXPLAIN REALLY... MAYBE A BIT HIGHER, SQUEEKIER, ECHOEY, CRACKLEY? JUST SLIGHTLY OFF NORMAL.

Within the Audio Tab, I've tried the different sampling frequencies and bitrates and they are all the same.

Any ideas?

Does TEMPGENC have to mess with the audio, are there any other programs that will JUST change the resolution, and not the audio too?

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem... please? I've been trying different things for about a week now, and have now come for your help, as I am stumped

Cheers Forum Buddies...
      HUTCH.

Comment

Working...