Putting in the top and bottem black bars in a movie.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seb fernando
    • Jan 2003

Putting in the top and bottem black bars in a movie.

hi,
    i download a movie, and i wanted to convert it to 2 svcds, and i couldn't, there was always errors, when converting it using either tmpeg of nero or cenima craft. i then found out from nicky page of solutions, that its hard to convert Xvid movies with out the top and bottom black bars to another format. so could someone please tell me hot to put back in the top and bottem black bars!
    thanx
    seb
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

(In VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Full Processing Mode" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy")

1) Load you XVID-compressed .AVI video into VirtualDub
    2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, click on "Filters", then click on the "Add" radio button and doubleclick on the "Resize" filter
    3) Set "New width" and "New height" to the SAME resolution as your original .AVI (In this example, I'm assuming it's 720x480)
    4) Put a checkmark in the box labelled "Expand frame and letterbox image - and enter a multiple of 16 in "Frame height" (Perhaps 208, or 192 to approximate 16:9 - which, in this example, will increase the height from 480 to 688 or 672)
    5) Click on "OK" to return to the "Filters" window

6) Once again, doubleclick on the "Resize" filter
    7) Set "New height" to 480 (This will reduce the ENTIRE image, including the black bars to 480 pixels of vertical resolution). Click on "OK" until you get back to the main VirtualDub window
    8) Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...