Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyo
    • Oct 2003

Multiplexed MPG2 won't play on other computers

I multiplexed an M2V video file with an MP2 audio file using Moonlight Cordless' ][muxer shareware program. The output stream was set to MPEG2 progam.

Everything seemed to run fine. It created an MPG file that was recognized by my computer and it played flawlessly on that machine.

HOWEVER, when I copied the file to another computer, the new computer could read it. The new computer tried to download a new decompression plug-in but couldn't find one that would work.

I even tried opening it with Quicktime and it said that a software component needed for the file was missing.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be and if there is a simple fix?

The end result that I'm after is to include a couple video files on an enhanced music CD that anyone can view on their home computer.

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be and if there is a simple fix?"

Download and install an MPEG-2 codec - or use a software DVD player, such as WinDVD, for playback...

Comment

Working...