X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elencool
    • Apr 2003

class factory problem [help]

hi
    I have a couple of avi files for which wmp8 gave this problem: class factory problem cannot play the video (or something like this)
    so I tried with wmp6.4 and no playback.
    then I tried with divx player and it started, but it was impossible to fast forward it. in fact after I watched a little bit it stopped and crashed.
    I used gspot, and as I was expecting, it said that both the video and the audio codec were installed: divx5 and mpeg3.
    in the last bottom line, the one were it fakes wmp playing the file, it stated unknown error.
    so i downloaded wmp9, and no playback again.
    bsplayer either.
    what is wrong? what is a class factory?
    thank you very much.
    elencool

p.s. if this is a faq treated question, sorry about that I haven't found it please address me there.
    Last edited by elencool; 30 Oct 2003, 02:39 AM.
  • elencool
    • Apr 2003

I have just read the thread class factory :-O
    I looked to faq, not to thread...I thought it was uncommon....I'm gonna ry quicktime, even though I didn't know it playde avi and divx...sorry about that...but if you have another solution please feel free to post it

Comment

• elencool
      • Apr 2003

hi

I have tried with quicktime, and of course, it does not read avi's.
      I finally solved the problem by watching the movie with VCL.
      but I still do not understand what is going on. can someoen help me out?

I have started watching divx in 1999. Since the release of divx5 I never had any problem. I was using three tools: wmp6.4, the codecs and divx fix for when the file was corrupted.

Then now I have wmp6.4, wmp9, divxplayer, bsplayer, VLC, another playr whose name I don't remember now, divxfix, gspot, virtualdub, new directX currently updated etc...do you call this a technology improvement? I call it a pain in the ass
      and still I have problems in viewing files.
      It is a discussion, that I would like to start not to insult anyone in particular.

For example. I have downloaded four files yesterday, four parts of two different movies. let' call them a b c and d.
      a was ok on wmp9
      b was class factory error (note: part two of the same movie)
      c was flipped upside down on wmp9, ok on VLC, flipped on bsplayer
      d as c but with the fact that I had to fix it with divxfix before viewing it on VLC and upside down on the others, and I had to increase the audio with virtual dub of 300% to hear something.

note, in all these cases, gspot was of course signalling that I had ALL codec correctly installed.
      I am getting mad.
      Ma I causing problem to myself and be myself my own pain in the ass or there is something wrong somewhere??

please answer
      elencool

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Assuming these files are MPEG-4 compliant (DivX- and XviD-compressed files are), give the alternative decoder FFDShow a run.

Comment

Working...