Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pepperjohn
    • Oct 2003

Audio Sync Error

Hi I have a Avi file which i wish to put on to a dvd, When i tried to convert the file to mpeg2 using TMP it did not recognise the audio, so i sucsessfully extracted the audio using Virtualdub which gave me a clear .WAV file, When i use TMP dvd Author to import my M2v file and my wav file it creates the desired .VOB files to be used onto a dvd, however the audio goes out of sync with the video as the film goes on and there is also a slight crackling sound in playback...

Can anybody please help You have all been very helpfull so far

John
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI into VirtualDub with "No audio" selected from the "Audio" dropdown menu. Then add the created .WAV file to it. Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy" - and save the .AVI with a new filename.

2) Play the NEW .AVI

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}
    Last edited by setarip; 1 Nov 2003, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• pepperjohn
      • Oct 2003

Ok i done exactly as you said... Thanks for the reply however it did improve the sync but 3 quarters through to the end, the sync does go out.. Any idears????

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"...

Comment

Working...