Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcho
    • Oct 2003

sound only works with divxplayer

I have some weird problem with my sound. The only program that plays sound is divx player... Used to be that sound worked for wmp and bsplayer too but for some reason, it just stopped working... so now when i want to view movies, i can only use it with divx player... i need to watch it in bsplayer for subs...
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Reinstall whatever codec(s) that is/are needed to play the sound, be it MP3, OGG or AC3.

Comment

• dcho
      • Oct 2003

i have the codecs for them... thats why they play with divx player... but something is wrong with my computer... wmp or bs wont play sound although i have the codecs... no error messages come out when i use those two... like wmp doesnt try to dl codecs or anything... its plays normally except sound doesnt come out... it only comes out with divx player... also... mpegs dont work on wmp... no sound... so it shouldnt be a codec problem... something with my comp... i dunno what it is... i tried reinstalling all codecs after uninstalling them... i tried to update my drivers... i tried everything but i cant figure out whats wrong...

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

hi
        I had a similiar problem where wmp wouldn't play some of my files. After trying different things i tried reinstalling wmp and this solved my problem. I don't know if something happened to the registry and it wasn't associating the file extensions with wmp or what. if you haven't done so you might want to try reinstalling wmp. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...