X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceMonkey2000
    • Nov 2003

TV-Out Full-Screen Issue

Hey there...

New to the boards here but I just had to see if anyone could help me with my problem since I can't seem to find any on my own.

Now, ever since I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia GeForce drivers (52.16) my TV output - image to screen size - has shrunk by at least half. I've never had true full-screen playback on my TV, but it was pretty darn close. Now, it's this small screen image in the middle of my television with a LOT of unused black space all around it.

The obvious solution would be to go back to an older driver, but the new drivers have solved a macrovision issue I had with DVD-Rom features.

I don't know if it is significant, but I use the BSPlayer for playing videos. All the other players have the same results, so I'm guessing no.

Anyways, I've been trying to figure out how to increase the size of the movie for some time now, and any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated.

Thanks!

mike
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried lowering your desktop resolution to, perhaps, 800x600?

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

i had a similiar experience when i upgraded.
      right click on desktop
      click properties
      settings
      advanced
      Geforce 4 tab
      overlay controls, in the popout window
      choose secondary display under full screen device
      this fixed my problem, hopefully it helps you too
      ps upgrading changed my resolution also and i put it back to 32 bit true color or else my colors were funky on my tv.don't know why upgrading drivers changed these settings but it did on my computer. hope this is of help.

Comment

• SpaceMonkey2000
        • Nov 2003

I've tried both of those solutions previous to posting and neither fixes the problem. It changes the way the desktop appears on the television but the image from the BSPlayer stays consistent - a smaller image surrounded by a large black border on the tv screen. I basically need to resize the image on the TV somehow and the traditional methods available in NView aren't working for me right now.

I never specified in my previous post that the video card is a GeForce2 MX/MX 400, so I figured I'd mention that now since it may make a difference.

Comment

• szadzik
          • Jan 2004

can anyone help me how to connect my laptop with a sis m650+sis962 to a tv so that i can watch my dvds on the screen of my tv?help me!

Comment

Working...