HELP! When I convert my avi-mpeg, the widescreen does not stay!Video is Squished!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nitesite8
    • Jan 2002

HELP! When I convert my avi-mpeg, the widescreen does not stay!Video is Squished!

When I convert my avi movie to a mpeg movie (to make a vcd) it does not stay in widescreen. Instead, it like squishes the picture together making the people on the screen look VERY THIN!! How can I make the avi resolution the same as the mpeg resolution??
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

First of all don't do that (Spamming all the forums with the same post two times)

As for your problem you can adjust the resolution to a more widescreen ratio.
    16/9, 2.35:1 e.t.c.

For Example if your movie is 740x576 and u want it at 16/9
    U have to resize the movie to 16/9 which is 720x405 and that makes us 720x400 (because the resolution values must be multiples of 16).
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• nitesite8
      • Jan 2002

so I adjust the resolution after I convert from avi-to-mpeg rght?? Do you know a good resolution adjuster and a good avi-to-mpeg converter?? I dont have an adjuster at all but I do have a converter but for some reason, it cuts the last 5 min off of a movie I converted. And it takes FOREVER(15 hours to do a 1:45 movie). Thanks..

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

Try TMPEG
        as for the time (15 hours)
        It depends on your PC specifications
        Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• nitesite8
          • Jan 2002

ok, well I got a pretty good computer. 1 GHz and 256 MG RAM. Fast CD player like 50x speed or something. Its got plenty of stuff in it, I think my converter was just really crappy

Comment

Working...