Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcb
    • Dec 2003

Asus v7700 + windows XP (or 2000)

Hello, I've seen that several people here use the Asus V7700 deluxe with Windows XP.

I'm having a BAD time configuring those. Can you, lucky folks, give me some hints on how you enabled the tv-out/video-in features of the board under windows XP?

I can get the capture drivers to work with Windows2000, but only using the display drivers provided by asus (like, twenty versions behind the latest from nvidia... go figure my counter strike 1.6 frame rate with those) and a bogus nvidia WDM driver 1.04 (also, several versions behind the latest from nvidia) and all i can get is some lousy 30% frame drop if i try to capture with 640x480, 20fps

I don't think that it's my system, since with linux i can get 704x780 with 29fps with a couple of frames droped per hour.
    I use an Athlon 700@735mhz with 256 cheap ram and two hard disks, 80Gb ATA V 7200rpm and a 20gb ATA V 5400rpm.

I'm glad for any hint on how to get a better porformance under both windows! thanks
  • Easier Way?
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2003

I'm fitting a new cpu and M'board to my PC. For practice I tried installing XP on my old set-up. I cannot get the capture device to work but the latest XP drivers for my 7100 delux combi are fine. I hope it is better when I put the new MB in but I've bought a leadtek TV2000 xp card so it doesn't matter all that much. Good luck and which capture device do you have working?

Comment

Working...