Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sapphire
    • Feb 2003

xvid playback green screen with sound

trying to playback several (got 6 in all) xvids and all I get is a green screen but with sound. I've tried looking for similar probs and tried the solutions given but they didn't work. Gspot says they should work but don't. Anyone got any suggestions please?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

"tried the solutions given but they didn't work"

Do they include:

1. Re-installing your video card driver (and preferably updating to the latest non-VxD version)?
    2. Using FFDShow as the decoder for XviD?

Cheers.

Comment

• Sapphire
      • Feb 2003

Yes tried that. Un-installed Nemo, installed Tsunami and ffdshow. One of them got the xvid to work but screwed up getting online!!! It's taken me 3 hours to get back online cos something messed up and had to un-install all the codecs, re-install windows, internet explorer and broadband!!! So back at square one with no codecs at all. Got any suggestions as to why internet messed up and is there any particular order I should install the codecs and which ones if I don't need them all??? Thanks

Comment

• Sapphire
        • Feb 2003

Found out that is Tsunami filter is the culprit. Tried to re-install and nearly finished and error message popped up. c:/winnt\system\ReClock.ax operating system cannot run. Not sure what to do.
        Thanks

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

i installed divx, xvid (Koepi's build)and FFDshow in this order on Win 2k pro. this has worked for me so far.

Comment

• Sapphire
            • Feb 2003

All my players aren't working either (media player, bsplayer and alplayer). Get message box saying
            "program has generated errors and will be closed by windows. Error log is being created."
            Problem getting worse. Re-installed direct x, media player etc still no luck.

Shall I un-install all codecs first?

Comment

• Sapphire
              • Feb 2003

Oops!! PC Blonde. Just re-read other threads refering to player probs. Prob with codecs etc cos I installed mwv.

Not green screen now but black, but on the positive side, I'e got sound!!!!!

I'll have a look for threads refering to black screens, Thanks for all the help

Comment

• Sapphire
                • Feb 2003

Still no luck. I was sure I saw a black screen thread. Anyone out there got patience enough to help PC blonde????
                Please, please please!!!!

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

If your O/S is WinXP, perform a restore to just prior to the start of your problems...

Comment

• Sapphire
                    • Feb 2003

Windows 2000.
                    Un-installed all codecs and players.
                    Installed BSplayer and ffdshow and worked fine. It was definately the Tsunami that was the problem cos everything is ok, except Nandub. Says it needs DIV3 MPEG-4V3 Hackivx low motion. Know where or how I can get it? Thanks

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

You can findthe DivX v.3.11alpha codec in virtually every codec "pack" - including the "Tsunami pack" ;>}

Comment

Working...