Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drguruwarrior
    • Dec 2003

DivX in BSPlayer

Oi.....I Seriously understand why they named it BS....Here is my deal, I was just looking for a good program to use other than Windows Media player, which I have been using for the last 6 months to watch all of my DivX .avi's. So I came across BS Player, I downloaded it, and tried to open one of my files, and I get a screen with green lines and sound. So I do some checking, I downloaded the newest DivX codec, still it doesn't work, so they I do more reading and find out about FFdshow, so I uninstall all my codecs and install FFdshow, I try to open one of my .avi's, still no picture. Well at this point im getting pretty frustrated, so I download GSpot to see what im missing. G Spot says that ffdshow MPEG -4 decoder is capable of playing the file, and it says its used to play the file..........but Im still not getting a picture!

So what do I do? GSpot says I have the right decoders, the READ THIS help file says I have the right stuff, So why won't it play! And is there any good reason I should put up with all this hassle? Or should I just go back to using Windows Media Player
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

So what did you find wrong with WMP that you had to resort to another player?

Comment

• drguruwarrior
      • Dec 2003

I just wanted to use somhting new, plus I have read ALOT of threads in this forum with people recomending BS Player, when I was on their website I liked the looks of the skins available for it, and I just don't like Microsoft......

Comment

• drguruwarrior
        • Dec 2003

Ok, never mind.....I seem to have fixed the problem......this may help others in the future though. I had to drop the resolution of by screen from 1280x1024 to 1152X864. Now it seems to work fine, I have tried DivX and Xvid and both formats work fine.

I just wish it would have given me some error message saying I need to lower my video.......

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I use BSPlayer with a desktop resolution of 1280x960. No problems at all...

Comment

Working...