Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darthmal
    • Dec 2001

Flaskmpeg

I've been using flaskmpeg .5 whatever for a while now. I've worked around its quirks and memory leaks and got it to produce some reasonable mpegs. Now, I'm trying to use it for AVIs. I'm using Divx CODEC 4.01 with PCM audio compression. Doing small sampleing, 1000, 2000 frames, it works fine, but if I let it run through an entire movie, the finished product is unreadable, so the only thing I can think is happening, good 'ol Flaskmpeg is showing it's true colors again and dumping because of memory leaks, if not, then can you effecienados have a better conversion technique? Thanks
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I suspect that the problem is caused by the fact that u use PCM audio.

PCM audio is uncompressed audio, that means the audio stream alone will take up 1.3 GB for a 2 hour movie.
    If you add the video stream to that you can easily exceed the 2GB avi filesize limit, which will cause the avi file to become corrupt.

You might want to do the audio seperatly,
    You can demux the ac3 file with either smartripper (durring ripping of the dvd) or with flask (select direct stream copy in the audio menu in flask), then convert it to wav using azid and finaly mux and convert with virtualdub.

you can get azid from here http://www.doom9.org/software.htm
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• darthmal
      • Dec 2001

Thanks for the info, I will check it out. It's a shame this can't all be done at once.

Comment

• darthmal
        • Dec 2001

OK. I've run Azid and Virtualdub successfully, but the Audio is out of syncy with the Video, by probably half a second. Just enough to make it look like a Chineese Movie with bad dubbing. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but once I run the split off of the .vob files and use Azid, the program ends with a crc error, although the files play fine as a .wav from start to finish. Am I supposed to just run this with the default settings?

Once I start Vdub, I use Divex 4.01 and have tried several different methods for the Audio. I get a file that's about 1.4 gig or so.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...