X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelio
    • Dec 2001

Portable VCD player playing cDR problems

Hi,

I recently got a portable CD player from Taiwan, where it plays music cds, MP3 CDs, JPEG image CDs, and VCDs. When I insert a already-made VCD, (silver bottom), it plays seemlessly. But when I try to play VCDs on CDRs, it slows down. The Video becomes choppy and the sound become slow. The following are the things I've tried:
    1. Writing CDs at 1x Speed
    2. Using both golden bottom and green tinted bottom CDrs
    3. Reencode the MPEG files with Audio quality around 160, 128, and 96, which makes the video goes smooth, but no audio comes out.
    4. I'm now going to try reencoding the MPEG at a lower video quality, but the same (192) bitrate of MPEG 2 audio, but i'm doubtful that it would do anything.
    If anyone can help me? ANY suggestions? PLEASE TELL ME! THank YOo
  • candyman
    • Jan 2002

what program are you using? i use Tmpgenc and write at low speed, this seems to stop it, just make sure you use the vcd template

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

Hi there, althought your player can support VCD's and the rest of it, does it say it will support CDR's ? There is a difference

Cheers

Comment

• candyman
        • Jan 2002

I think anything will play CD-r's , cd-rw's is another matter, these can create problems, however if i write at a slow speed i can get the RW to play with no probs

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To candyman

"I think anything will play CD-r's"

You are very much incorrect...

Comment

• cypher007
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • May 2002

ive got a similar problem

ive got a Burnstar LJ-950 (Linkway LJ-950,Mirage LJ-950). it says it plays vcd's and cd-r/cd-rw discs, but i also find it will play Hong Kong original discs fine but not my own VCD's created with tmpgenc and nero. what burning software are you using and what brand is your player. what's really weird is if i convert some low quality divx cartoons using tmpgenc's vcd wizard and then burn using nero they work ok. the video still jerks a little and the player does not like any slight scratches on the surface of the cd-rw, but apart from that it plays fine, so why dont the dvd to vcd conversions work?
            Intel Quad Q6600@3000
            water cooled
            2gb ram
            160gb 2xseagate sata raid 0
            gforce 8800GTS 512mb

Comment

Working...