X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibble
    • May 2003

MPG2 and WAV to VOB

To all
    Im having the opposite problem that another person that posted about trying to convert video.

I have already edited my project using Premeire and rendered it using TMPENC 2.5 . As a result I have 2 Files ready for DVD burning for example:

Startrek.wav
    Startrek.m2v

Im trying to BURN this to a DVD using the NERO 6.3.10 programs DVD burning selection. When I select this it opens up a file manager and and sets up 2 files for you to put VOBs in..
    Audio_TS and VIDEO_TS

When I try to put in the Startrek.wav in the AUDIO_TS folder, I have no problem. But when I try to put in the M2v file to the VIDEO_TS folder, It gives me anerror saying either the file is too big (> 2 GIGS) or It says i need to use a different format like DVD(ISO) or DVD(UDF) orDVD (UDF/ISO)

I realized that I NEED to put VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder , but I dont know of any programs that CONVERT the 2 files(Startrek.wav and startrek.M2V) to VOB format.

Can anyone please help me?

PS the DVD software that came with my DVD burner(SONIC MY DVD) will convert the 2 files, but IT HAS to BURN them on DVD first.
    I dont want it to burn it to a DVD at this point.

Any m2v/avi to VOB converters?
  • Tibble
    • May 2003

any M2V /WAV to VOB converters ?

sorry.. Last post I put M2V /AVI - to VOB converters..

M2V/WAV to VOB converters im looking for.

THANKS

tibble

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

First of all, NOTHING goes into the "AUDIO_TS" folder.

I'd suggest you do the following with your .M2V/ .WAV files:

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• d00dez
        • Feb 2004

If all you want is a VOB, you can use TMPGEnc for that. Under File-->MPEG Tools go to Simple Multiplex and multiplex it as MPEG-2 System. BAM! .VOB. Or if it's not, just change the extension, same thing.

Comment

• evolvetek
          • May 2004

Hello.

You mean to say that simply renaming an m2v file to vob will work for DVD video burning in Nero?

/e

Comment

• d00dez
            • Feb 2004

...if you only want video. IF you want audio, you have to multiplex an audio stream in (WAV, AC3, etc.)

Comment

• evolvetek
              • May 2004

Very cool.

Well, I've got the m2v and wav output from Premiere. I'll give it a shot.

Also, are you aware of a consumer solution to record video / audio in a compressed format on the fly? I've got a Canopus firewire box which is excellent, and have been using Premiere ... But I'm a bit leary about dumping 30 minutes of video from VHS into my computer at around 5 GB a piece, then having to reincode them to a format that I can burn to DVD.

Is there a more efficient solution?

Thanks,

/e

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"You mean to say that simply renaming an m2v file to vob will work for DVD video burning in Nero"

It might not. Changing the extension "Sometimes" works for actually playing the file with a "Software" player. What matters is what's contained in the "Header" information of the file. Simply changing the 3-letter extender will not change that. In order to output a DVD-compliant file structure, I would advise that you follow the procedure in setarip's post.

Comment

• evolvetek
                  • May 2004

Thanks.

I post back when I reach some resolution.

/e

Comment

Working...